Monday 30 September 2013

Decisions

The ones that know me, have seen that I have acne, yes, not only normal acne but rosacea acne, my brother and dad had it too so i guess it is in our genes.

Lately, my acne has started to get worse and it is non-stop specially around my chin area. Acne is a very disturbing disease, not only affects you in the physical part but also affects your self-esteem and even causes you depression.

So I needed to do something about it, for 2 years ago I got some medication, worked for a little while but after stopping the pills it came again :(

So I went to the dermatologist last week and we will start the strong medication, the name is Isotretinol or something like that....but I have mixed thoughts:

-Will It really help? ( I have PCO as well...so it could be my acne is caused by it too )
-Will it destroy my liver?

My brother took the medication for 6 months, and it helped him.

Is there any of you who have taken this medicine, did it help? Did you get some health problems after that?

I'm getting so stressed :( 

Meanwhile, I will just cover my horrible face with makeup.

4 comments:

  1. Hej, min sambo lider också av rosacea. Han åt isotretinol i ett halvår. Visst hjälpte det honom men hans levervärden steg också ganska rejält. Det finns en annan medicin som han fick byta till, minns inte vad den heter, den är skonsammare mot levern men inte lika effektiv. Hjälper nog men det tar längre tid förrän man märker skillnad. Hoppas det löser sig för dig! Kranm, Davina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Davina! I guess I will start this strong medicine, but I'll stop right away If I say see changes on my liver. Hopefully the medicine will help :* crossing fingers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Primero quiérete tal como eres, no digas que tienes una cara horrible. Pronto estarás bien, me da penita que no valoras los consejos: Que somos lo que comemos, si te decidieras a dejar las grasas, eso ayudaria mucho. Quizas te olvidaste de pedirle a una personita que limpie tu sangre, regenere tu rostro, con estresarte se empeoran las cosas. Tu sabes que tienes una bella sonrisa y ojos maravillosos, y te ganas a las personas con esos encantos y tu cordialidad. Creo que esas personas recuerdan algo mas que un rostro que tienes que disfrazar. Dios te ama, y yo también.

    ReplyDelete