Wednesday 25 September 2013

Kirppis/loppis/Second-hand stores

I'd like to remember how many things I have found in a "kirppis" but I just cant name all of them.

I wasnt a big fan of Second-hand stores in Lima, I guess I went maybe 2 o 3 times...but just found very old and dirty clothes...so when I heard about "kirppis " here in Finland..I thought...usch how can people go to those places :D
Well, now...I consider second-hand stores as my drug :D can't get enough of them...It doesnt mean I need to buy something every time I go...but just to search and search and find hidden treasures is what makes it exciting.

What I look after in a kirppis right now are:

- Old porcelain dishes ( Arabia mainly, a Finnish porcelain brand )
- Old metal/Steel dishes...love to decorate my home with them...
-Old sheets and line hand towels
-Old alpakka ( type of silver ) forks, spoons, etc
-Clothes for me and my family...but good quality brands ( Gant, Hilfiger, Esprit )
-Shoes ( Ecco, Vagabond )

Just thinking about the treasures one can find there...makes me wanna go right away... :) its almost midnight and Tuco has been up all the time...might be the flu...or just fooling around :/

I wonder how we will manage to get the boys to sleep in their own bed at their own bedroom :/

No comments:

Post a Comment